Primaforce Agmatine Sulfate 30 g
Agmatine Sulphate Powder
- Increase Pumps
Agmatine is a relatively new compound in the supplement market that is gaining popularity. So why is Agmatine useful and why do some refer to it as a "Super Arginine"?
What is Agmatine?
Agmatine is a metabolic byproduct of Arginine produced through a process called decarboxylation. Agmatine is basically Arginine with the carboxylic acid end removed. Agmatine produces the byproducts Guanidino-butyladehyde and the polyamines putruscene, spermine, and spermidine which are involved in cell growth. Agmatine is found in tissues throughout the body and is synthesized and stored in astrocytes, glial cells in the brain and spinal cord, which provide structural and metabolic support to the nervous system among other actions. Agmatine acts as a neurotransmitter and neuromodulator with a vast array of actions in the body.
What does Agmatine do?
- Stimulates the release of insulin and uptake of calcium in pancreatic cells leading to improved insulin sensitivity.
- Binds to Imidazoline Receptors providing analgesia and assisting in pain management.
- Binds to Alpha2-Adrenergic and Imidazoline Receptors of endothelial cells increasing Nitric Oxide (NO) production thereby decreasing blood pressure.
- Inhibits monoamine oxidase (MAO) leading to antidepressant effects. Antagonist of the N-Methyl-D-Aspartate (NMDA) receptor providing a potential neuroprotective role.
- Simulates the release of catecholeamines (norepinephrine, epinephrine, and dopamine) assisting in stress management.
- Increases release of GnRH from the hypothalamus, stimulating secretion of LH/FSH which could increase testosterone production in the testes.
- Inhibits Nitric Oxide Synthase (NOS), specifically iNOS and nNOS, leading to increased potential muscle pumps.
- Improve kidney function through stimulation of the Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR) Agmatine provides many health benefits, but of interest to fitness enthusiasts it provides: Improved insulin sensitivity (which can assist in improving body composition)
- Potential to increase testosterone production
- Assists in stress reduction Increase in muscle pumps
†These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA.
This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 750mg
Servings Per Container: 40
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value*|
|*Percent Daily Value are based on a 2000 calorie diet.|
|†Daily Value not established.|